Saturday, July 19, 2008
















Friends,
This will be a short note just to get some pictures up. We have been extremely busy. There was July 4th with a parade and a bald eagle flying around Mammoth. The Livingston Rodeo was great! This was where we had our first date 45 years ago. There are pics that show the violence of bareback horse riding competetion.

We went to the Tetons and Jackson Hole last week. It was glorious.

I sang "Some Enchanted Evening" in the talent competetion. I came in second at Mammoth - to my friend and coworker Radek. Both of us went to Old Faithful for the park competetion last Wed. I have pictures of Radek, me and Judy Wescott, who accompanied me for both contests. It was a lot of fun. Radek won second place for the park. I didn't place, but that is OK. I should have a video of our performances when I get home.

I've also added a few more animal pictures - including our local bull elk next to the hotel. Also, look at the cloud formations and the rain falling and evaporating before it hits the ground. We see that a lot. There is also a picture of Electric Peak at sunset.

I apologize about the mixed-up order of the pictures. I assume you can figure them out.

Best regards from us both. We have 10 more work days!

Bye for now.
Doug P.

2 comments:

Sustah said...

I know you'll both be glad to finally get to California, but I'll miss all the photographs. However, maybe I'll get to see some new ones of Jacob! Have a good trip.

Karen and Bill said...

You do not know us, but Linda Marks sent us your blog. We are Bill and Karen Browne and worked in Yellowstone in 2004, 2006 and 2007, the last two at Mammoth. Your pics are great make us yearn for YNP again. They remind us what we are missing and of what we have enjoyed.